

Well the outdated computers at this hotel don't have USB ports, so I can't post the pics. Anyways, today was the first day we actually got to see the city in the daylight. Babu picked us up, and I was in my Indian attire. He looked at me and said, " You look too much like Indian, they may not let you go home". Riding through the city today was my first real India experience. There was so much to take in. I wanted to take so many pictures but our driver was too swervy and fast. The oppression and poverty is unbelievable. There were dogs and cows just lying and walking everywhere. I actually saw a mom, little girl, and little boy bathing in a puddle on the side of the street. That almost did me in right there. I can't believe my OCD self is still surviving.
We spent almost the entire day at an AWANA conference. It was basically a church service that lasted over 6 hours. First off, it was going to start at 9:30 but the guy in charge didn't make it until probably 10:15 haha. It went well though. I met a lot of great people, the worship was awesome. They sang the same songs we do but a little different (they were in English too). I talked a little about college and how it has been difficult at times. A young girl came up to me afterwards and wanted my phone # (of course, I didn't give it to her). She said she is going to college soon and wants me to remember to pray for her. I can't even imagine going to a college in a country where not eve 2% of the population believe like you do. I got to meet one of Saju's kids. She is 4 years old and the minute she saw me she wrapped her arms around my neck and just starting feeling my face. I want to kidnap here, and several other ones!
We also got Pizza Hut today...it was truly a gift from God! Best pizza ever...I took a break from the power bars. I just can't handle the sick feeling all the time. We also saw a group of orphans (from a real Christian orphanage) living in the Bible College where we held the conference. They were so polite and adorable. I heard them all screaming because there was a monkey in the tree! They wanted us to take pictures so they could look at it on our camera. I want to bring them all home!
On the way back tonight we drove through the street where we are going to do all our shopping. Shopping King Steve scoped it out for us and started making mental notes. We got back to the hotel about an hour ago, and we started pumping up basketballs....with a foot pump. Actually Dad just watched me do it and kept saying faster. I think we are going to hit the bed early tonight, we are worn out and have a huge day tomorrow. A youth rally of 500 in a building that holds 200. Should be fun.
We spent almost the entire day at an AWANA conference. It was basically a church service that lasted over 6 hours. First off, it was going to start at 9:30 but the guy in charge didn't make it until probably 10:15 haha. It went well though. I met a lot of great people, the worship was awesome. They sang the same songs we do but a little different (they were in English too). I talked a little about college and how it has been difficult at times. A young girl came up to me afterwards and wanted my phone # (of course, I didn't give it to her). She said she is going to college soon and wants me to remember to pray for her. I can't even imagine going to a college in a country where not eve 2% of the population believe like you do. I got to meet one of Saju's kids. She is 4 years old and the minute she saw me she wrapped her arms around my neck and just starting feeling my face. I want to kidnap here, and several other ones!
We also got Pizza Hut today...it was truly a gift from God! Best pizza ever...I took a break from the power bars. I just can't handle the sick feeling all the time. We also saw a group of orphans (from a real Christian orphanage) living in the Bible College where we held the conference. They were so polite and adorable. I heard them all screaming because there was a monkey in the tree! They wanted us to take pictures so they could look at it on our camera. I want to bring them all home!
On the way back tonight we drove through the street where we are going to do all our shopping. Shopping King Steve scoped it out for us and started making mental notes. We got back to the hotel about an hour ago, and we started pumping up basketballs....with a foot pump. Actually Dad just watched me do it and kept saying faster. I think we are going to hit the bed early tonight, we are worn out and have a huge day tomorrow. A youth rally of 500 in a building that holds 200. Should be fun.
1 comments:
Sounds like an exciting day. I knew you would find a few kids you wanted to bring home with you. Glad to hear you found pizza. Sorry you couldn't post pics I was looking forward to them. Hope all goes well tomorrow. Sounds like a busy day. Get some rest and keep us posted. Love ya, Mom
Post a Comment