Pizza Hut Count: 5






It is 4:45 PM here and we just finished another Pizza Hut lunch. It has been a great day already (at least the first 12 hours). This morning started out interesting. Saju’s car broke down, as we were sitting in the lobby from 5-5:45 AM not knowing where he was, but we just thought “It’s India”. So Benjamin came and rode a taxi with us. At camp this morning we were actually able to share with the kids. Dad went over the Parable of the Lost Sheep and the Wordless Book. We wanted to give them bracelets, but they are associated with the Church of the Brethren and Saju said they cannot wear “ornaments”. The P.E. Coach said it was ok, but Saju didn’t want to offend anyone else at the school. I was then able to talk to the Vice Principal, which apparently is a huge deal because they are such a prominent and prestigious school. It was very neat to talk to him and learn about their school and the Indian school system.

We then headed out to our other school (the loooong ride). They wanted us there early for their assembly. So “It’s India” right? We were a little late, but they had something up their sleeve for us. We drove up and they had a huge banner welcoming us with our picture and names on it. They sent it home with us too hahah. It was very nice. Then we were walking to the dirt court and all of the students in Grade 6-10 which is about 200 students in lines of 12 people. Then they started clapping for us real loud, and I almost cried! They were so cute, and they clapped together and just watched us walk across the dirt to where they were. They clapped several times for us and presented us with these shaws around our shoulders and also leis and thanked us over and over. They also presented us with a special “letter”. They were so well behaved. They never moved or talked or anything. They had each one of us share, I had no and clue I was going to have to, but I improvised well. It was very hot and one little boy got overheated and started moving forward out of his line into another boy. Immediately the teachers and Chaplain calmly went to him and walked him to the shade. The students still did not take their attention off of us. I have never seen anything like it! We then had camp, signed autographs, received an autographed basketball, and handed out wordless book bracelets. It was great, and I will never forget it.

Then we met with the Principal for a while, and headed back. I got to experience some of monsoon season when a huge downpour came. The ride was pretty scary for a while. I don’t think I can complain about Atlanta driving and traffic anymore. I actually miss it! We probably have a free night; apparently Indian’s call things off when it rains hard because of travel and all. It’s been a great trip, and there is only 3 full days left until we jump on the plane! Pretty wild.
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

Mom said...

Wow what a morning. Guess what mom is doing now! Sitting here doing her famous crying. Sounds like you are having the trip of a life time. Wish Brittany and I were there to share with you and Dad. The pictures are great. Can't wait until Monday. Love ya, Mom