First Day completed!


Well, we just survived our first full day. We woke up to a phone call wondering who was calling so early, Dad had also commented on how early the horns started blowing. Well, it wasn't actually early, it was 12:30. So we got some good, quality, Indian fragrance sleep. I survived two meals (at least so far) and have found that the french fries in our hotel are excellent. I am a french fry connoisseur so I know. They really are delicious. We spent most of today just discussing with Pastor Babu and Missionary Saju our plans for the next 10 days. Seems exciting and packed. I should have no problem sleeping all the way home. Saju has a 19 year old helper who loves basketball, and is going to ride his bike to help us with the clinics everyday at the schools. He says "I love it but I not a professional like you". Ha! I am excited about finally getting to start tomorrow, and looking forward to interacting with the people. The few I have encountered at the hotel are a pleasure to talk to. They are so polite, and remember you the next time they see you. I also heard we will be having 50 kids at our basketball clinic Monday through Friday morning and conducting another one Monday through Wednesday afternoons. They said the kids are excited and eager to learn from a "professional" and that basketball is actually very popular over here. I will let you know how it feels to be star :)

More to come, and hopefully some pictures tomorrow. We didn't really do anything today and the wireless internet I was "borrowing" is down.
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! Sounds exciting. So glad to hear you have found some french fries. I know you will survive now. Sounds life Saju and Babu have a packed 10 days for you all. I know you will do a great job speaking - you always come through. Sure hope you get internet service back so you can keep in touch more often. Can't wait for pics tomorrow. We will be praying for you all. Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

saju and babu, that's fun to say! glad to hear about your trip. it sounds exciting.
whit