And the winner is...

Me. I definitely win the stinkiest/dirtiest shoes contest. I don't even want to know what all is on these shoes. In fact, I am wondering if it is even worth trying to clean them, or if I should just throw them away...or maybe put them in a case as a souvenir. All I can say is that it was worth it. I would trade a new pair of shoes for running around in who knows what with 300 kids for 2 hours.

Quote of the day by the one and only Gladys Paul: "I am going to kiss the floor when I get home."

It is hard to believe we will be boarding the plane in about 6 hours. We had a special prayer service asking God to upgrade us to Business Class. Is that bad? We are already planning our first meal, so if any of you guys out there want to provide that meal for us we have one request: NO CHICKEN OR RICE.

Today was a good day. We woke up and went to church with Saju. The people are so into worshipping. They would sing the same sentence over and over again getting louder and faster until finally they ended by saying "Hallelujah" over and over again. That was the only way we knew the song was over because most of them were in a different language anyways. We had a good time. Mom about freaked out when Saju did one of those random "call on the Americans to speak". So of course, I got nominated to represent the girls. Bennett also shared, and then Dad gave the message.

Afterwards we went to Saju's for some chips and cookies (and Fanta of course), and then we headed out to Benju's house. We were so glad to be able to meet Benju's parents and see him before we leave. They were very sweet, and served us all kinds of Indian goodies. Dad really branched out there, I think he tried a banana. In India, a lot of the pastors and ministers like for you to visit their home and then pray for it as you leave. Benju's Dad had a cool vase on the table, and Mom and Dad commented on how cool it was. It was a vase made of Oxen horns. His Dad ran upstairs and brought us one back. We could tell he had taken flowers out of it. The people here are so giving...it's unbelievable.

Our buddy Shiva Kumar just met us for our last supper. He has got to be the nicest person on Earth hands down. He really worked hard to put our trip together and get all of our ministry opportunities lined up. I met him last time I was here, but never really got the chance to get to know him.

So we have had our last shower with our mouths closed tightly, last teeth brushing with bottled water, and we only have one last ride with the scary driver Sonny (Emily was convinced he was going to turn on us after all those terror alerts...he kept ripping us off needing money). Like I said, it is hard to believe this trip is over. It has been an incredible experience, and I will never forget all those hours spent running around with "slumdogs" and village kids. I will definitely miss the people, but I cannot say I will miss all of my bad shoe experiences. But, I wouldn't trade them for the world.
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

Saju John said...

I believe by now you all may have arrived back home safe. Thank You for coming to INDIA again. I am very glad that you all got to know Shiva this time and this was in the plan of God. Regards from all of us here.