




I cannot believe that it has been a week since I was last in India. It feels like just yesterday we were cramming into Saju's car trying not to go through the windshield when he "tapped" his breaks. It is all still so fresh in my mind, the faces, the places....everything. I haven't stopped thinking about the time I spent there and I don't imagine myself easily forgetting it. We actually heard from Saju today and he said that he visited with the Basketball Coach of the Clarence School, one of the schools we held a clinic at. He said the kids are asking about us and still talking about the camp. It's funny, because we are too. He also said that he composed a list of the children at the camp and found a great number of them are not Christians. It feels so good to know those 5 hours we worked with them over the week on a silly game made a lasting impact in their lives. I always ask God why I have continued to play basketball and just cannot give it up. Maybe now I see, because I also continually ask God to use me and the talents he has blessed me with.
Caedmon's Call went to India a few years ago and made a CD about their trip. It is funny to go back and listen to it now that I have actually experienced it. I have probably said this before but you truly cannot capture India to bring home. No video, picture or story can do it justice. It is something you must experience yourself. Just like hearing the songs on the CD, yes they are good. But they don't mean a whole lot to you until you have been there. One of their songs is called Mother India and still makes me tear up a little each time I hear it :) Here is a clip:
Father God, you have shed your tears for Mother India
They have fallen to water ancient seeds
That will grow into hands that touch the untouchable
How blessed are the poor, the sick, the weak
Father, forgive me, for I have not believed
Like Mother India, I have groaned and grieved
Father, forgive me, I forgot Your grace
Your Spirit falls on India and captured me in Your embrace
There's a land where our shackles turn to diamonds
Where we trade in our rags for a royal crown
In that place, our oppressors hold no power
And the doors of the King are thrown wide
So now I am back home, and I have to admit I am a little bored. I miss waking up before the sun shines and the hotel serves breakfast to teach a bunch of children how to play basketball. I miss them more than you know and I hope to see all of my new found friends again, but that proves difficult being on the other side of the world. It is so wonderful to know that if I don't get to see them again in India, I can still meet with them again one day. Thank you for keeping up with our trip and most of all praying for us while we were gone.
Caedmon's Call went to India a few years ago and made a CD about their trip. It is funny to go back and listen to it now that I have actually experienced it. I have probably said this before but you truly cannot capture India to bring home. No video, picture or story can do it justice. It is something you must experience yourself. Just like hearing the songs on the CD, yes they are good. But they don't mean a whole lot to you until you have been there. One of their songs is called Mother India and still makes me tear up a little each time I hear it :) Here is a clip:
Father God, you have shed your tears for Mother India
They have fallen to water ancient seeds
That will grow into hands that touch the untouchable
How blessed are the poor, the sick, the weak
Father, forgive me, for I have not believed
Like Mother India, I have groaned and grieved
Father, forgive me, I forgot Your grace
Your Spirit falls on India and captured me in Your embrace
There's a land where our shackles turn to diamonds
Where we trade in our rags for a royal crown
In that place, our oppressors hold no power
And the doors of the King are thrown wide
So now I am back home, and I have to admit I am a little bored. I miss waking up before the sun shines and the hotel serves breakfast to teach a bunch of children how to play basketball. I miss them more than you know and I hope to see all of my new found friends again, but that proves difficult being on the other side of the world. It is so wonderful to know that if I don't get to see them again in India, I can still meet with them again one day. Thank you for keeping up with our trip and most of all praying for us while we were gone.
0 comments:
Post a Comment